|Institution||University of Saskatchewan|
|Type of Fellowship||Graduate Fellowship|
|Graduate Program Type||Social Science & Health|
|Specialty||Social Policy & Administration|
|Fellowship Amount||To be determined|
|College / University||http://studdys.com/saskatchewan/university-of-saskatchewan/|
Graduate Fellowship Description
The University of Saskatchewan requests applications from Maters Graduate students for the fellowship of :
Collection Services Librarian
The fields of interest will be to work collaboratively as part of the Collection Services team and to focus on technical service processes related to social sciences, fine arts, and humanities.
The candidates are welcomed for a time period appointment with the University Library with the University of Saskatchewan. We are looking for a dynamic, revolutionary and versatile person with all the appropriate skills and background to be effective collaboratively as part of the Collection Companies group.
Requirements of applicants are a Masters degree and they ought to certainly be a dynamic, progressive and versatile individual together with the correct requirements and history to operate successfully.
Reporting to the Assistant Dean (Services to Libraries), the appointee will:
1) Focus on technical service processes related to social sciences, fine arts, and humanities.
2) Work in consultation with librarians with related selection responsibilities, vendors and unit staff to facilitate acquisition/renewal and access to materials in social sciences, fine arts, and humanities.
3) Provide collection analysis within the noted areas, respond to budget questions and confirm funds, negotiate with vendors, review the licence terms and ensure all required activities are undertaken so the resource is acquired and accessible.
4) Develop an area of expertise, leadership, and best practices to further enhance and develop the libraryal`s discovery systems such as the OPAC and Primo.
This includes significant technical work in relation to the contents, functionality, and usability of the library catalogue and resource discovery system and sharing knowledge of standards and best practices with Collection Services employees.
The University is located in the city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. We have a multi:objective exhibit middle which gives area for graduation shows, and unique displays which includes musicians, curators, school staff and partnering organizations inside the bigger skilled group.
Our gallery arranges or earns shows that are community, country wide or intercontinental in scope. Shows are around about six weeks in duration.
We are known for our campus observatory that offers the public weekly viewings of the night sky on Saturday nights.
Interested individuals will be required to supply their Curriculum Vitae.
For any further information or questions regarding the application process or more information about the University itself please contact:
Jill Mierke, Director, Human Resources at [email protected]
Applicants can also find facts and more information on the University Page.
Love it? Share it:
Related Research Fellowships
- The Shastri Canadian Studies Doctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Students, $1100 – $1300
- Doctorate Fellowship available in: Director Scientific Secretariat
- Doctorate Research Fellowship available in: Global Security
- Doctorate Fellowship in: Historical, current and future lateral connectivity within the floodplain
- Masters Fellowship in: The ecology of muskellunge, an introduced predator, in the vicinity of a large dam