|Institution||Ontario Institute For Cancer Research|
|Type of Fellowship||PhD Fellowship|
|Graduate Program Type||Biological & Medical Sciences|
|Fellowship Amount||Not specified|
|College / University||http://studdys.com/ontario/|
Graduate Fellowship Description
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is seeking a Director, Scientific Secretariat to lead all activities of the Scientific Secretariat within the Office of the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO).
These activities include:
Leading the organization and the implementation of the review of all OICR’s scientific and awards programs; actively participating in the yearly preparation of several of the Institute’s key scientific reports and documents; working closely with the other members of the Office of the CSO team, as well as the other administrative functions within OICR, in the organization of a variety of key strategic meetings for the Institute and ensuring the preparation of high quality meeting reports.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Overseeing all logistics in the coordination and organization of meetings of international review panels, including researching information on and inviting panel members, working with other members of the Office of the CSO team as required;
• Setting new processes or improving processes already in place for all scientific reviews occurring at OICR;
• Overseeing the development and regular updates of all documentation related to the preparation and review of OICR Programs Funding Requests, Investigator Awards and fellowship applications;
• Supervising the Coordinator, Scientific Secretariat and relevant administrative personnel to ensure appropriate management and archiving of all documents issued by the Scientific Secretariat;
• Collaborating closely with the Research Operations and the Finance departments to ensure effective coordination of all administrative aspects of OICR’s grants and awards activities;
• Coordinating the writing, editing and production of OICR’s annual Operating Plan and its update for OICR’s Annual Report, working with OICR’s Program Directors and Managers and other members of the Institute’s Management team;
• Facilitate the writing of the Strategic plan in collaboration with OICR president and the senior management team;
• Organizing internal and external scientific meetings and retreats, including all meetings of OICR’s Scientific Advisory Board;
• Preparing meeting minutes and reports, various correspondence and communication materials as required; and
• Providing assistance to the Deputy Director and CSO, as required.
• Master’s degree, preferably in science, PhD a strong asset;
• Broad scientific background, cancer research knowledge an asset;
• Five to ten years related experience, preferably in a research or granting organization;
• Excellent writing and editing skills, scientific writing a strong asset;
• Accuracy and attention to detail a must;
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and EndNote;
• Ability to complete complex computer search;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills to interact professionally with internal staff and external contacts, highly collaborative and organized;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met and work independently with minimal supervision; and
• Confident and high level of initiative.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Economic Development and Innovation.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca .
Love it? Share it:
Related Research Fellowships
- The Shastri Canadian Studies Doctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Students, $1100 – $1300
- Doctorate Fellowship available in: Director Scientific Secretariat
- Doctorate Research Fellowship available in: Global Security
- Doctorate Fellowship in: Historical, current and future lateral connectivity within the floodplain
- Masters Fellowship in: The ecology of muskellunge, an introduced predator, in the vicinity of a large dam