|Institution||The Centre for International Governance Innovation|
|Type of Fellowship||PhD Fellowship|
|Graduate Program Type||Business & Finance, Humanities & Arts, Social Science & Health|
|Specialty||International governance issues|
|Fellowship Amount||Not specified|
|College / University||http://studdys.com/universities-colleges/|
Graduate Fellowship Description
The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) is a global think tank based in Waterloo, Ontario. Created in 2001, it conducts policy research on international governance issues, including the global economy, global security and international law. CIGI has an opening for a full-time resident Research Fellow position carrying a one year contract with a possible extension of an additional year.
Reporting to the Director, Global Security & Politics, the successful candidate will work closely with the leadership of the CIGI-Chatham House sponsored Global Commission on Internet Governance ( http://www.ourinternet.org ) in both an administrative, research and writing capacity.
The position requires specialized knowledge of internet governance and cybersecurity issues.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assist with the administration and implementation of the work plan of the joint CIGI-Chatham House Global Commission on Internet Governance chaired by Sweden's foreign minister, Carl Bildt
- Assist with the organization of conferences and research workshops in support of the Commission's work, including the management of the Commission's research advisory network, and other, related activities as required in consultation with the Director of Global Security & Politics
- Design and undertake innovative, policy-oriented research in cybersecurity and internet governance, as part of the Commission's current work plan as well as contributing to the Commission's research agenda.
- Publishing peer-reviewed journal articles, books, working papers, policy briefs, blogs and short commentaries targeted to academics, policy makers, and the general public.
- Track policy developments in internet governance and cybersecurity
- Engage in related outreach activities
- Supervise and provide mentorship for Research Associates
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge and understanding of key research issues as they apply to internet governance and cybersecurity
- Excellent command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
- PhD degree from a recognized graduate program with specialization in one or more of the following: political science, economics, international law, and international relations
- Previous research experience is highly desirable in the form of a post-doctoral fellowship, a contractually limited appointment at a university, a position in government, or a professional appointment in a relevant non-governmental organization
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter, resume and salary expectations to [email protected] by March 14, 2014 . We appreciate all candidates' applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Love it? Share it:
Related Research Fellowships
- The Shastri Canadian Studies Doctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Students, $1100 – $1300
- Doctorate Fellowship available in: Director Scientific Secretariat
- Doctorate Research Fellowship available in: Global Security
- Doctorate Fellowship in: Historical, current and future lateral connectivity within the floodplain
- Masters Fellowship in: The ecology of muskellunge, an introduced predator, in the vicinity of a large dam