Postdoctoral Fellow in general areas of bioinformatics, machine learning, statistics and mathematical/computational biology.
|Type of Fellowship||Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Graduate Program Type||Maths & Computing|
|Fellowship Amount||To be determined|
|College / University||http://www.perkinslab.ca/|
Graduate Fellowship Description
The Perkins lab at the University of Ottawa / Ottawa Hospital Research Institute is currently recruiting graduate students, or possibly a postdoctoral fellow, in the general areas of bioinformatics, machine learning, statistics and mathematical/computational biology. Successful candidates will conduct basic research in these areas, as well as participate in collaborative, interdisciplinary projects in areas such as gene regulation, stem cells and cancer. These positions offer excellent opportunities for candidates to identify and solve fundamental computational and mathematical problems in data analysis and modelling, and to hone their skills in the latest techniques in these areas, while simultaneously helping to advance research in molecular biology and human health. Graduate students would likely be accepted through one of the degree programs offered by the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, although other degree programs may be possible. Positions begin September 2012 or mutual agreement. Interested candidates should contact Dr. Perkins at [email protected] or look at http://www.perkinslab.ca for more information.
Love it? Share it:
Related Research Fellowships
- The Shastri Canadian Studies Doctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Students, $1100 – $1300
- Doctorate Fellowship available in: Director Scientific Secretariat
- Doctorate Research Fellowship available in: Global Security
- Doctorate Fellowship in: Historical, current and future lateral connectivity within the floodplain
- Masters Fellowship in: The ecology of muskellunge, an introduced predator, in the vicinity of a large dam