|Institution||UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre|
|Type of Fellowship||Postdoctoral Fellowship|
|Graduate Program Type||Maths & Computing|
|Fellowship Amount||To be determined|
|College / University||http://www.proteincentre.com/|
Graduate Fellowship Description
The UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre is currently offering a postdoctoral position in Bioinformatics. The successful candidate will work in an interdisciplinary environment with experienced biologists and chemists as well as computer scientists and bioinformaticians. The main focus of the position is advancing the analysis of targeted proteomics and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry data. The postdoctoral fellow will develop novel algorithms for proteomics and biomedical data/information integration and implement them as modular software. He or she will build Web services and interfaces to different databases and software that are developed in the Centre. The postdoctoral fellow will design and execute multiple informatics research and support advanced solutions in fast-paced environments, write scientific manuscripts and present novel research at national and international conferences. An additional responsibility of the position is to assist with the provision of everyday informatics support (e.g. hosting databases, developing Web interfaces, automation of data analyses).
- PhD in Computer Science/Bioinformatics or related field within the last 4 years.
- Programming experience using Java, C++/C#, Python, or Perl, as well as R or Matlab.
- Strong publication record, ability to lead multiple projects and work in a team.
- Familiarity with computational proteomics approaches.
- Strong background in software engineering, statistics, using scientific workflows, handling (-omics) Big Data as well as practical experience in developing SQL DB are plus.
Application Information: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a cover letter and curriculum vitae in PDF format to [email protected] and include the employment code #Bioinf within the title of the email.
Employer: The UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre is Canadas National Science & Technology Innovation Centre for Proteomics technology development and service. The Centre has been providing protein analytical services to a wide variety of academic, industrial, and government laboratories since 1982, making us the longest operating protein core facility in Canada. The Centres technology development program supports further proteomics research and the development and application of novel methods in the areas of protein identification, characterization, quantitative proteomics for biomarker discovery and validation, as well as the bioinformatics to support these activities. We house over $10 million in state-of-the art mass spectrometry instruments, which are supported by a dedicated team of more than 30 researchers and technicians. For more information visit please http://www.proteincentre.com.
Compensation and Benefits: The UVic-Genome BC Proteomics Centre offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits (health insurance and pension plan), and the opportunity to expand your knowledge, skills, and experience. Visit the University of Victoria website at http://www.uvic.ca/opportunities/life/index.php to learn more about working and living on Vancouver Island. The University of Victoria is an equal opportunity employer .
Love it? Share it:
Related Research Fellowships
- The Shastri Canadian Studies Doctoral Research Fellowship for Indian Students, $1100 – $1300
- Doctorate Fellowship available in: Director Scientific Secretariat
- Doctorate Research Fellowship available in: Global Security
- Doctorate Fellowship in: Historical, current and future lateral connectivity within the floodplain
- Masters Fellowship in: The ecology of muskellunge, an introduced predator, in the vicinity of a large dam