|Sponsored by||ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES (OAS)|
|Type Of Funding||Scholarship|
|Type of Degree||Doctorate,Masters Fellowship|
|Field Of Study||Not Specified|
|Universities||any Canadian University|
|Eligibility Citizenship||Canadian citizen and Permanent Resident|
|Country specified||Any OAS member state.|
Graduate Scholarship Description
Academic scholarships are awarded to persons to undertake graduate studies that lead to a degree (Masters or Ph.D.) and/or graduate research at a university or higher learning institution in a Member State. Studies may be carried out by on-site or by distance education or a combination of both.
Scholarships are not offered for studies in the medical sciences. OAS scholarships are awarded for full-time study or research in any OAS member state except the one nominating the candidate for the OAS scholarship.
There are two types of academic scholarships: Self Placed: Candidates apply directly for admission to the universities or educational institutions of their choice and apply separately to the OAS for scholarships to assist in financing those studies.
Consideration for a scholarship is contingent on receipt of proof of admission to the university by the deadline established by the OAS General Secretariat. OAS-Placed: Candidates do not apply directly for admission to universities or educational institutions. Instead, candidates apply to the OAS only for a scholarship.
The OAS seeks admission for those candidates selected for scholarships to recognized and reputable universities or educational institutions determined by the OAS, taking into consideration the preferred countries, language(s), and the intended fields and levels of study stated by the candidates in their applications to the fullest extent practicable.
Scholarship awarded on basis of :
Academic excellence and good health.
Additional important information
Depending on the individual case, the OAS may negotiate additional resources with these institutions which often results in the scholarship recipient receiving a full scholarship.
The number of self-placed scholarships the OAS will award is more limited than OAS-placed scholarships, averaging one (1) self-placed scholarship per country.
Thus, applicants who elect the Self-placed Scholarship option only will have less of an opportunity to win an OAS scholarship.
To apply: Contact Or Go Here
E-mail: [email protected]
*Must possess the educational background and, if required, professional experience to be accepted into the requested academic program.
* who are current OAS staff members, OAS consultants, staff members of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, as well as their relatives are not eligible for OAS academic scholarships and must wait until six months have elapsed after the termination of the employment relationship or contract before they may apply for an OAS scholarship.
* must be in general good health as to complete the program successfully. If that condition is not satisfied, the Scholarship may be withdrawn or cancelled. Thus, if awarded a scholarship, and at the timely request of the OAS/DHD, selected candidates will be required to submit a Medical History Form that attests to the sound mental and physical health of the candidate to undertake and complete the program of studies.
Please note that applicants do not need to include this form in the application package to be submitted to the ONE during the application process. All costs associated with complying with the medical examination requirement are the responsibility of the selected candidate.
* must be endorsed by the National Liaison Office (ONE) or its designated equivalent of the sponsoring OAS member country. * must possess the language competency to undertake studies in the country of study.
* for an OAS-placed award to study in the United States will be required to take and provide satisfactory scores for any and all admission and standardized tests (GRE, GMAT, and/or TOEFL), if required by the institutions, at their own cost.
Application forms (if available)
Love it? Share it:
Masters Degree Program,Scholarship,NA,any Canadian University
- Delta Kappa Gamma World Fellowship Fund, $4 000 (US)
- Zonta International Foundation: Amelia Earhart Fellowship Awards for Women, $10 000
- Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER) Strategic Grant Programme, $5 000
- Eleta Britton Graduate Scholarship in History, $4 000
- AMEC Masters Engineering Scholarship, $10 000